The training has started for people going to the Laser Master Worlds in
in September. Here’s my
practice Laser, do you see anything missing? Split
I like practice to be a little harder than normal, so here’s what I don’t use to force me to be more aware of my surroundings:
- A compass to keep my head out of the boat.
- A watch so I can focus on boats around me at the
- A flag at the top of the mast forces me to feel
- Hiking pants helps me feel the boat.
- An old MK1 sail is not fast and makes we work harder.
So, here’s what’s missing – my practice sail has no telltales. This forces me to sail by feeling the pressure on the centerboard, rudder, and sail. Sailing at night is the best way to get the feeling for a boat but if you can’t to this, sailing without telltales is the next best thing.